Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 69: Escape

Before I talk about this weekend, let me give you a little glimpse into my world... First off, let me just say that I am neurotic. Seriously. I think this is the fourth time I've said that today. Maybe the fifth. But it's true. Warning: Crazyville ahead... Exhibit A: Today, my mind was racing so I did what any crazy person would do. I sent a text (Yes, I'm totally putting you on blast...) that said "Tell me you don't like me." He responded (as a normal person would) that it sounded like a setup and he wasn't going to answer. To which my mind immediately went somewhere along the lines of, "he doesn't want to respond. does that mean the he does like me? why won't he just tell me what I want to hear so I can get over this conversation. he's not helping. this is frustrating. what does all this mean? ugggghhhh!" Like I said, Neur.O.Tic.  

Anyway, back to what this post was really going to be about- this weekend I got to spend the weekend in the mountains in North Carolina as the camp nurse at a Young Life camp. With around 400 kids and leaders from the Memphis area, I was in charge of all the bruises and bandaids. My duties really just included carrying a walkie-talkie and being available if anyone got hurt or needed anything. I went to all the meals and club but other than that, I was kinda on my own. As much as I wish Jamie had been able to get off work and come with us, I think God knew I needed some time away just me and Him. And it was wonderful! Sweet time with my Savior. So, here are a few pictures:

This is where I stayed. Yep, it's a chalet...
The view when you first walk in. Gorgeous!
The kids room- that I walked into just long enough to take this picture
My bedroom for the weekend
The kitchen that I used-never
Where I spent most of my indoor time. Lots of reading and praying went down on this couch
My view from the chalet. Well, from the rocking chair on the porch
And the infirmary 

It was a great time away. A wonderful time of silence and solitude. A sweet time of pray and refection. Clearly it didn't stop the neuroses but I am so thankful for the time! I needed the escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment