Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 68: You Find Out Who Your Friends Are

Somebody's gonna drop everything. Run out and crank up their car.
Hit the gas. Get there fast. Never stop to think "What's in it for me?" or "It's way to far."
They just show on up with their big ole heart. You find out who your friends are...
-Tracy Lawrence

Just got back in town from a fabulous weekend escape and I'm exhausted, so I'll write all about that tomorrow. Tonight I'm writing about something that I didn't think I would have to deal with. I don't know why. I should have expected it. Friendships change. I'm not talking about female friendships. I have great friendships that have stood the test of time and others that have been "for a season, for a reason" friendships.

But I'm talking about my friendships with guys. Friendships that I naively thought were solid. Friends that I haven't talked to in about a month and a half. Yep, do the math on that one. I think some of these friendship were taken away by God to rid me of a security blanket. But others, I think just showed their true colors. I guess it's better that I saw it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment