Thursday, October 22, 2015

Meggie's Bachelorette

Oh, you thought this was going to be about Costa Rica? It's coming, I promise. Next week will be all about the trip. But first... I got back to Memphis on Friday night. Saturday, I drove to Nashville for my bestie's bachelorette party. I'm exhausted! But I did take off work Monday to catch up on some sleep (and laundry and cleaning and stuff...)


Our first activity of the day was The Escape Room. The one that we did had a Nashville theme and it was So. Much. Fun! I'm pretty sure things like that were made for me! You had 1 hour to find all the clues and get out. We escaped with 11 minutes to go!


When we finished that, we decided to go grab some lunch at CPK before going off to paint some pottery. I meticulously painted the inside. It took me forever! Then, I got bored and just wanted to be finished so the outside could have used some help. Oh well!

During this time, I was also distracted by the Memphis/Ole Miss game. I was switching between the ESPN app and twitter. It was awesome! In the now famous words of Justin Timberlake, "we got a damn team!" Go tigers go!


After pottery, we went back to the house and had cake and champagne while we played typical bachelorette/how well do you know the bride games and opened up some lingerie. There was lots of laughing and shocked expressions during this part, ha!


Then we tried to give ourselves plenty of time for all 6 of us to get ready and make it to our dinner reservation on time. Spoiler alert, we were late! But we had a delicious dinner at Cantina Laredo before heading downtown.


We started out at Acme which was a lot of fun, but super crowded. The roof view was amazing, but cold. When did that happen!? When we left Acme, we headed over to Honky Tonk Central, because it's a bachelorette party in Nashville. That's just what you do. Between dinner and downtown, we saw approximately 8 other bachelorette parties out that night. But HTC was a lot of fun. And I got a free drink out of it, so win-win!

We are old and it had been a long day so we headed home a little after 1. I didn't realize how tired I was until I fell asleep on the phone. Oops! The next morning was pretty chill. We had a Starbucks run and then sat around and drank coffee and talked about marriage. Then I loaded up my car and met my brother and his girlfriend for lunch before getting back on the road...

* My sister, brother-in-law, and the girls were in Memphis for the weekend for fall break. When I left Nashville, I drove straight to my parents' house to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment