Monday, October 19, 2015

Down in the ATL

I'm back from Costa Rica (when did it get so cold!) and I will get to that trip, but first let's go back to the weekend before. Jamie and I went down to Atlanta for Leonard's wedding.


We left early Saturday morning and drove straight down. The drive was fairly uneventful. It rained a little bit, but nothing major. Then we checked into the hotel and hung out for a little while before it was time to get ready.

My original plan was to leave Atlanta Sunday morning and drive to Nashville for Megan's bridal shower. I had reserved a rental car at the Hertz that was within walking distance of the hotel and thought everything was set. While we were chilling in the hotel, I get a call from an Atlanta number. It is Hertz telling me that location doesn't have any cars, but they say that they can move the reservation to the airport location. How the hell do you book a reservation knowing that you don't have any cars. Ugh! I am mad again just thinking about it! After I try to calmly ask them questions and think through things, I ask what time they close. The man told me that they were already closed- which only fueled my frustration. What kind of poor customer service calls after they are already closed to tell me that so that they know I can't call back. I finally hang up the phone and call the airport location which ends up connecting me to the main switchboard for rentals. I have the most frustratingly exhausting conversation ever trying to explain things to some woman. She basically tells me that the cost is different at different locations and tries to say that it will cost 3x more than the previous location! After a few choice words, I hang up and call Megan and tell her the whole story.


Then I take a shot of Jack and get ready for the wedding. After the wedding, there is a cake and punch reception at the church and then the catholic gap. I think we had an awkward 2 hours to kill before the reception, so we drove around a little bit and looked at the Olympic flame.


Then we decided that we were hungry and didn't want to wait until dinner, so we hung out and drank gas station wine and snacks. #classy


When we got to the reception, we had to entertain ourselves so we took some selfies until appetizers were passed and the bride and groom arrived. Then the real party could start!


It was a great night. You know, until it wasn't. But there was only minimal drama, and I only shed a few tears*


The next morning, we woke up and got ready to drive back to Memphis. On the way home, Jamie saw a sign for a natural bridge. In all my trips home from Birmingham, I never thought anything about this exit, but Jamie was interested so after googling that it was the longest natural bridge east of the Rockies, we decided to detour and check it out. It was totally worth it!


We hiked and explored and took pictures for over an hour before deciding that it was time to get back on the road.

It was a fast trip, but lots of fun! Then I went back to work for a week before jet setting to Costa Rica. Stay tuned...

* Update: Don't worry. By the time I actually wrote this, everything was back to normal and just as dysfunctional as ever!

1 comment: