Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hope

I talked about how Hope is my word for the year. And I showed you my new ink. So let's tie it all together.

An anchor is the symbol of hope. Hope for the future. Hope for the eternal.

This hope we have as an anchor for the soul, is both strong and steadfast.
Hebrews 6:19

Reason #2 for the anchor: if anyone knows has spent any amount of time with has ever met me knows that I am kind of a control freak. By "kind of" I mean that I am a total control freak. But that's not always a good thing. First of all, I'm not in control. And my life would be a whole lot easier if I would realize that more often. Because of that, my most recent life verse has been Exodus 14:14.

The Lord will fight for you. You only need to be still.
Exodus 14:14

Be still. Such a great reminder. I don't have to do anything. Minor problem... I'm not very good at not doing anything. At least on my own. The anchor is a reminder to be still. To stop working so hard and let God fight!

Does anyone else choose a word of the year? If so, what is it and why did you pick it?

No comments:

Post a Comment