Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ghosts of New Year's Past

New Year's is usually always a disappointment. Everyone makes it out to be such a great year and then, it's just another night. It never lives up to expectations. Let's take a look at a few New Year's pasts...




 

I have pictures from 2008 and 2009 but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did in 2010. Oh well. New Year's kisses have also been few and far between. 2012 and 2013 may have been the only ones in the past decade or so. Oh well!

This year, I wanted to keep it super low key. My original plan was to take a nap after work (you know, because I'm old) and then go out to a small party. Then I got home from work later than I had planned and I didn't think a nap was going to happen. Then I got trapped in my own head and started overanalyzing everything and curling up in sweats on the couch started looking better and better. So that's kinda what I did... I had a normal night. Watched a movie, curled up in bed at a decent time and read a little book until I fell asleep. Until I got a text from my roommate asking if I was coming out. So I somewhat reluctantly decided to go. I crawled out of bed and threw on some clothes to try to look presentable. I got there after 10 and was home and in bed by 12:15. Ha!



How did you ring in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment