Monday, February 15, 2016

Galentine's Day


First of all, I love Parks and Rec. And everything Leslie Knope. So I ran with galentine's day- although I did not celebrate with waffles. Leslie would not approve.

But I did have more of a galentine's weekend. Saturday was an old-fashioned game night. Wine, beer, pizza, Cards Against Humanity, and lots of laughing.

Sunday, after church, our Sunday School teacher took all the single people out to lunch. I think it was to make us feel better about being alone. :) Sunday night, I went over to a friend's house for dinner. She cooked and we ate and drank wine and watched a movie. And talked about boys, of course. It was Valentine's Day after all. After that, I celebrated Valentine's for real...


I was pretty indifferent about things this year. I have had years where I was really sad that I was single and other years where I was actually kind of excited about being single. This year, I really had no emotions about it. And I was totally okay with that. I had fun hanging out with friends and enjoying a weekend- holiday or not!


*I just found this online. Remind me to use it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment