Monday, October 29, 2012

Do Over

I cried on the way home today. Tears streamed down my face.

Okay, not really at all. ;) I kinda drove home with a cheesy perma-grin but apparently all my posts start out with me being sad and crying (actually, only 2 out of the last 5 have talked about me driving home thinking about things)

Anyway, yesterday was rough. Contrary to popular belief, the relationship is not always peaches and ice cream. As much as I wish it were sometimes. But we had some prayer and regrouping last night. And this morning when he got off work, he called and asked for a do-over. (which may or may not have been an excuse to eat breakfast at republic 2 days in a row) but we went to breakfast again this morning for a redo. And it was wonderful! We read from Luke and talked about worship and John the Baptist and being filled with the Spirit. And just generally got to start things again after a rocky start yesterday.

Sometimes, you just need a do-over. That's all I got. Time for a little #DTR!
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

No comments:

Post a Comment