Monday, October 8, 2012

Random Musings

>> Sometimes I like to pretend like I'm not an introvert. I am. I can make it about 24 hours in a group of people before I reach my limit and need some space and some me time.

>> I've talked about this before, but I really like my leash. I can't help it. I just do.

Quote Wall at the Family Reunion
>> This weekend we had a family reunion of sorts. I don't know the last time that we had a real family reunion with all the family. But with a family spread out all over the country and cousins getting married and having kids of their own, it's hard. But my mom's two sisters from Seattle were in town and my cousin flew in from Alaska. So along with most of the Tennessee family we had a nice number. There was lots of rest and relaxation. And lots of laughs.

>> Sometimes water only fuels the fire. I am so thankful that God has protected me and my heart the past few days!

>> His work schedule is pretty much pure insanity right now. Which for me means that I miss him all the time, something exciting happens that I want to share with him so I text him and hope to get a response some time in the next 12 hours, and that we hang out for 4 hours every other day at most. And that's okay. I look forward to the time that we do get to spend together and cherish every moment. And I remind myself that it could be so much worse. Relationships are about sacrifice. Sometimes that sacrifice is time. But it's so worth it- because he's worth it.

Girls Night In
>> Last night, we celebrated an early "friendsiversary" and it was so needed! I love hanging out with the guys. The firepit was fun last week, but sometimes it just needs to be the girls. Sometimes we just need to let our hair down and be ourselves 100% and it was great. I haven't laughed that hard or danced that much in a long time. We had pizza and drinks and watched Bridesmaids and just caught up on each other's lives. It reminded me of the challenge times when there were no guys around. I'm so thankful for female friendships. I hope that I can use this time away from him to enjoy girl time!

"Friendly" Reminder
>> This picture just makes me laugh. It's a reminder to go deep. This is also the edited version of this photo because not everyone can know everything that happens when we hang out... But this picture is also a reminder that I am not living in the present. So many things about this picture represent me holding on to an uncertain future. And I try to balance a sense of hope and optimism about the future with being content in my current season of life. Maybe I should hang this on my mirror as a daily reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment