Monday, October 1, 2012

Answered Prayers

Sometimes God wraps things up in a nice, little package for me. Or in this case a mangled, tear-stained package, but still. This afternoon I was reading the lesson for growth group on Thursday about the idols of our heart. The sin behind the sin. It is essentially about identifying the stronghold lies in our lives. And I know those lies. And how they manifest. And I know that I have had a tendency to look for the answers and rebuttals to the lies through relationships.

And I have prayed about it for a while. Prayed that I would seek affirmation and worth in Christ and in Christ alone. I didn't know how things would pan out. Then I got into a new relationship. A relationship that doesn't play into any of my lies. And it's frustrating and brings up all sort of insecurities. But it also forces me to turn to the Lord. It forces me not to rely on this relationship for security but to cling to the cross. And I know it's going to be hard and it will be a struggle but I asked for it. So tonight I'm thanking God for an answered prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment