Monday, May 14, 2012

First Ask

I was asked out today. For the first time since the challenge ended. He has asked me out before and I told him about my dating sabbatical. He said he would come back. But knowing that he was interested allowed me to watch him. His interactions with patients. And with nurses. And other doctors. And I learned that he's a good doctor. And cares about his patients. But I didn't see a light for Christ. I didn't see a passionate pursuit of the Lord.

And so it made it made me question if people can see that in me when they first meet me. But it also made it easy to say no when he asked again today. He also made it easy because he said, "So it's May. Are we gonna do this?" I asked, "Is this really how you're going to ask me?" and then I walked away laughing. But at least I got the first ask out of the way...

**May 16 Update: He called up to the floor today to apologize for his nonchalance. I appreciate the effort, but it's not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment