Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 178: Final Countdown

Cue music...
(feel free to listen while you read this)

I've been slacking on blogging. Because I have been too busy living life to sit behind a computer and write. And when I finally do get home, I'm too tired to want to write. The past two nights, I have fallen asleep within 30 minutes of getting home. I am not as young as I used to be...

Anyway, sometime last week, someone commented that the challenge was almost over and asked my how I felt about it. Honestly, there has been so much going on that it hasn't really been high on the priority list. As in, I almost forgot I was even doing it. Yep, you read that right. If you know anything about me, you know that is HUGE!

Confession time: When I first started this challenge, I thought that I would do this for six months and then when I finished there would be this man of my dreams waiting at the other end. Just waiting for me. Maybe on one knee with a ring. Okay I didn't think all that, but I did think "I'll take a six month break from dating and then when it's over there will be someone there and we'll start dating and it will all be worth it." I had some serious control issues...

But I can honestly say now that dating at the end of this is not important to me. I have learned SO much and grown a ton. The past six months I have had a blast hanging out with friends. What if dating someone changes all that? I told some friends the other day that I am more ready to get married today than I was six months ago, but I have no intentions of running off and getting married as soon as this is over.

And it's over on Wednesday night. Wednesday night the security blanket and excuses are gone. Blissful indecisiveness is gone. And I can honestly say I'm ready. I know I still have a lot of things to work on and a long way to go but I'm ready to step out in faith and see what God has in store for the next stage of my life.

So Wednesday night, we are going out to celebrate. To celebrate the friendships that have been there beside me for the past six months. The friendships that have grown and blossomed during this time. The friends that have stood beside me through the hard times and encouraged me in my growth. I am so thankful for each of you and so blessed that God placed each of you into my life at exactly the right moment. Let's go out Wednesday and celebrate friendship and God's perfect will for our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment