Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Insomnia

I haven't done this in a while. I'm not quite as good at the whole blogging thing as I had hoped. I think of a lot of topics and start writing them in my mind and then get to a computer and get distracted by other things and so all these great blog topics get lost in my head! (and by lost in my head, I mean swirling around rapidly like a tornado that keeps me up at all hours of the night)

Which brings me to my topic... insomnia. I can't sleep. (At this point in the discussion, the healthcare provider would ask if I have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Answer-staying asleep). This has been going on for a few months now. Sometimes I wake up twice in the night--sometimes seven times. I usually don't have trouble falling asleep but then my mind starts racing and I wake up thinking about 685 things all at once. Sometimes I make myself lie in bed until I fall back asleep. Sometimes I get up and try to get something done until I am tired again. The past few weeks, I have made it through the night twice. I'm still trying to figure out what was different about those nights than all the other many sleepless nights.

I am thankful for the friends that have provided encouragement and tough love--from the friend that texted scripture every time I woke up one night to the sweet friend that sent me a message as soon as I got online last night to tell me to turn off my computer and go back to bed immediately! I am continuing to pray for peace of mind before bed so that I am able to relax and get a good night's sleep. I am also thankful that most days I am able to sleep in and the restless nights are not leaving me tired the next day.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend with the same issue. I'll be praying for you...

    ReplyDelete