Friday, February 11, 2011

My Life Lately

Finally, a new post! My life has been crazy! So here's what's been happening recently (and by recently, I mean like in the past 2 days...) First of all, I finally took my boards this morning! I have been uber procrastinating because I already had my RN license so I wasn't in a super hurry. But Sally and Sara made me schedule the test- sometimes I need friends that are going to make me do things. So I scheduled it and took it today. I was told that you find out your score right away- that after you finish your screen goes blank and you sit there for the longest 30 seconds of your life and then the screen comes back and tells you if you passed or not. This information would be incorrect. I finish the test and the screen goes blank so I start praying saying that I know God's will is better than any of my own plans. At this point I feel as though my heart is going to beat out of my chest! Then a survey comes on the screen (I forgot people told me I had to take a survey) so I answer the random questions about whether the testing site was satisfactory and then the screen goes blank again. I continue to pray; my heart continues to pound! Then a notice pops up that I am finished with the test. I click okay and the screen goes back to the welcome page. Now all these thoughts are running through my head: Maybe something flashed on the screen while I was praying and I missed it. Maybe they only tell you if you pass and they don't want me to feel bad about failing so they'll just let me know later... I nervously grab my pencils and scratch paper and walk out of the testing room. After I sign out, the man gives me a printout that says, "Congratulations! You have passed the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination." Such a huge sigh of relief! So I calmly take the paper from him, get my things out of the locker, and go to the restroom and jump around and do a little dance!!! :) So, this is me: Jillian Payne, RN, MSN, ACNP-BC I have worked really hard for those 11 little letters!
I found this image by googling "ACNP." There was also a picture of Jennifer Wilbeck!

So now that I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I think I can be a real person again. I have been isolated from society for the last week or so. I literally had zero calls or text messages yesterday. I was in the zone. But I also realized that my optimal study times are from 10pm-3am and that I like to eat when I study to keep me occupied. That in addition to crazy stress and not working out all week are catching up to me. The weather is warming up and I think I may go for a run!

In other news, I am moving today! One of my mom's best friends offered for me to move in with her for a while so today is the day. It's in town and super convenient to everything (as in I can walk to Swanky's, the bank, Target, and "The Station" What else do I need?). I have known Nancy for pretty much as long as I can remember. She is like family- I think she really is Pam and Paula's long lost triplet! She has never been married, but adopted a son. So here are my new roommates- Nancy and Spencer! Feel free to visit anytime!


In unrelated and totally random news, I took an online test for a Jeopardy audition. I'm pretty sure I failed with flying colors! It was impossible. I'm not very good at history or literature and am useless when it comes to pop culture. Basically, if it isn't science, math, or random useless facts, I'm no good. But if by some lucky chance, I passed the test. I will have to take another test and have an interview. We'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

  1. well first things first: CONGRATS! on passing your boards. and second, i've always thought we were the same person lol and it's been confirmed. This week I was just talking to one of the girls at my school about how I study so much better late at night. I'll seriously hang out and have wine and chat and everything until everyone else goes to bed and then go back to my room and read. It works wondrously!

    ReplyDelete