Saturday, February 5, 2011

February Update

It's that time again... New Year's resolutions! Or at least an update on how mine are going so far- 35 days into the new year.

1. Start a blog-Check!

2. Coffee dates twice a month- Check! and more. I had some really great intentional time with sweet friends where we were able to catch up and see what God was doing in each of our lives. Such a joy! I'm reading Captivating right now and today I read, "Women friends become the face of God to one another--the face of grace, of delight, of mercy." I love that!

3. Share the gospel/Disciple monthly- This didn't look exactly like I had envisioned this month, but I was able to speak to some friends that I have been praying for and hopefully plant some seeds in their lives. I also think foundations were placed for mentoring and discipling some younger girls. I'm excited for this to take off and flourish more in the next few weeks!

4. Take more pictures- So far, so good! Continuing to document the memories and smiles and laughter!

5. Buy a dog- This resolution has been postponed. It will still happen in 2011, just not quite as soon as I had hoped...

6. Get certified to teach Zumba- I registered for a class next month! So excited about it! Now all the dance parties that I have in my room will justified...

7. Workout 4-5 times a week- 3 out of 4 weeks in January. I would like to say that I was sick the one week that I didn't meet this, but I'm pretty sure I was just lazy.

8. Earn 2011 Activity Points- I got 144 in January (which technically means that I'm behind by about 20, but that's like 2 good runs and I'll be caught up) We shall see how this goes...

9. Run 500 miles- I ran 54 miles in January (about 10 ahead of schedule)

10. Run a race every month- Check! I am running the MRTC Winter Cross Country Series so I ran the 5K and the 8K last month. So much fun! About a mile and a half into the 5K a deer runs right across the trail in front of all the people-awesome! And trail runs aren't the street runs that I've been training for. It was a fun change of pace and scenery!

11. Read 52 books- Read 4 in January and have started 2 more. Am taking a break for the next week to do some other things so I'm going to have to pick up the pace when I get back to it. I am definitely having to switch up genres and read multiple books at a time! Some books I can read a few chapters before bed and be fine and others I read a few pages and need to stop and meditate on the words and let them soak in so they take longer, but I'm really enjoying this resolution!

So that's it. Basically, I'm really OCD and if it goes on the to-do list, it will get accomplished (It was on the to-do list to write this post today). The list, which is really an Excel spreadsheet, goes from today until the end of May. Go ahead and make fun of me, but if nursing doesn't work out, I plan on being an administrative assistant, or a professional organizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment