Thursday, June 22, 2017

Whole 30: Week 3

Day 15: Today is the halfway point! Made it! Feeling good. It's downhill from here, right? I feel like I'm just kind of in the groove of this now. It just kind of seems like it's what I do now, which is good! Not too much is going on emotionally.

Berries and almonds for breakfast. We had our weekly meeting at work and lunch is provided so I brought my own and set it up on a plate so I could feel like I was eating with everyone else. I made an asian glaze chicken with sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos. (It's similar to the recipe for the asian glazed salmon on my Pinterest page, but I modified it a little bit).  I ate it with some roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes, with some grapes for dessert. It was so good! Even the docs that have questioned why I'm doing this agreed that my love looked really good. Success!

For dinner, I ate the leftover shrimp and zoodles from the day before- after adding some more lime juice and garlic. So much flavor!

Day 16: Banana and almonds for breakfast. Didn't really eat lunch. But not in a disordered way. Work was just busy and I wasn't really hungry so I just pushed on. I had an orange after work when I got home and then headed out to my parents' house. My dad had grilled burgers so I had a delicious burger with tomato, onion, and avocado on lettuce. I ate that with a side of roasted broccoli. So good!

My mom is thinking about doing Whole 30. I'm not super excited about it, for certain reasons that I'm not going to post about. But she also said that she doesn't want to give up wine so she poured me La Croix in a wine glass to make me feel better. Ha!

There were lots of temptations being at my parents' house though. My whole family will be in town so my mom stocked up on groceries. I was very tempted to just dive head first into some chips and Panchos cheese dip. But I held off...

I've also been having some food dreams recently. Not that I want a Twinkie (which I've never had) or a Snickers, but that I had already eaten something. The other night I had a dream that I had eaten rice and I woke up very concerned. Rice?! Other than sushi, I hardly ever ate rice before this started, but apparently that's what I dreamed about...

Day 17: Typical breakfast: banana and almonds. Then I did a hellacious workout with some friends. It was a fundraiser for an organization called Never Thirst that aids in building wells in countries and areas that don't have access to clean water. The workout was a BEAST though! We were on a team of 4 and the stations were squats, kettle bells, situps, and burpees. At each station, there was a team member do an active movement, one person doing a static exercise, one person resting, and one person holding a jerry can of water over her head. After all of that, we had to do a 1-mile run with the jerry can. Oh yeah, and this was all outside. I was worn out by the end of it! Probably dehydrated and definitely didn't prefuel properly. Oops!


When I got home, I chugged water. And ate some watermelon. I also heated up some chicken. Before Whole 30, I would have made a protein shake, but since my protein powder is off limits, I had to stick to actual protein!

Then I went back out to my parents' house. I lounged around some and at some point ate another hamburger that my mom had saved for me. It was so good! My whole family was in town so we relaxed by the pool- or in the pool, because it was so hot!

That night I went to a cookout with some friends. I initially planned to bring food to throw on the grill, but I was running late and not super hungry. I did eat some grapes and carrots. And guac- with a spoon. Because, guac.

Day 18: I don't remember what I had for breakfast. I think an orange and pistachios. Switching it up a little! After church, I ran to the grocery store to pick up just a few things. More chicken and shrimp and some veggies that I was running low on. Then I headed back out to my parents' house. My mom had made some spaghetti (with sauce that I could actually eat!). She had told me earlier what she was cooking, so I brought over some zucchini noodles to eat my spaghetti with. Yum! Then I had some raspberries and blackberries for dessert. I was still very tempted by all the delicious looking food that I couldn't eat. Chips, queso, ice cream, wine...

After some pool time, I headed back home. I was still hungry on the way home. Like thought that if I weren't doing this, I would have stopped by a Wendy's drive-thru. That's when it hit me. Something that wasn't on the timeline and so I hadn't mentally prepared for it... PMS cravings! (Sorry, if that's TMI.) When I first started this, I was pretty excited that my period wouldn't happen until the end of the month when I had all this under control, but I did not take into account the cravings. My bad! They are real!

I got home and ate some chicken and carrots before deciding that I had eaten more than enough and calling it a night.

Day 19: Almonds and banana again today. Maybe I'll make some more breakfast cups today. Snacked on some grapes while I was working on notes and then had some chicken fajitas for lunch. After work, I marinated a bunch of chicken for the week. Then cooked some with some broccoli and sweet potatoes. Feeling much better than yesterday. Don't feel like I want to eat everything in sight anymore!

Day 20: Woke up this morning and didn't have to go to Bible study, so I decided to go for a run instead! It was 20+ degrees cooler than in the afternoon so it was a good decision, but it was still hot. And humid! Came home, jumped in the shower and got ready. Then grabbed coffee and a banana on the way out the door. I had a banana with almond butter at my desk this morning. It wasn't as good as peanut butter, but it will do for now.

I was also in such a hurry this morning that I didn't grab anything for lunch. Fail! But thankfully, I left work at 1:45. I had a few errands to run before going home. I was tempted to swing by Chick-fil-A. I blame it on the lack of lunch. I didn't stop though. I went straight to Whole Foods. And then I bought some peel-and-eat shrimp because I was hungry! I also bought some bacon.

After a few more errands, I came home and cooked some more breakfast cups, but with bacon this time. I thought I would switch things up. Then I ate some shrimp and watermelon. The peel-and-eat shrimp was definitely worth it!

I also baked some of the chicken that had been marinating so that it would be ready to go. I didn't really eat dinner. I mean, I ate the shrimp at like 3 or 3:30 so that kind of counts. Oh and I did try a breakfast cup after they were finished cooking!

Day 21: In some ways, I can't believe that it's been 3 weeks already. And in other ways, it seems like it's been forever! Ha! I tried on a pair of pants for work today that I really like and they were too big. Like noticeably too big. It was kind of exciting! But also kind of sad because I really liked those pants. Maybe it's time to do a little shopping. Maybe. I really hate shopping, so we'll see.

I had a bacon and egg breakfast cup this morning. It was good, but I think I've discovered that I don't love eggs. They're okay- just not my favorite.

Had a meeting at work at 3:30 so I was determined to be super productive! Saw all my patients and left work at 1:45 again! (All the praise hands!) Ran to the gym for a quick workout and then home to eat a little bit more of the peel-and-eat shrimp before heading back to work for the meeting.

When I got home around 5:30, I cooked some balsamic glazed chicken that had been marinating and made some more garlic/ghee shrimp with zoodles. I snacked a little bit while I was cooking, and ate an orange, but didn't really eat a full meal. This whole eating at random times thing is kind of throwing me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment