Thursday, August 31, 2017

Relax. Refresh. Retreat.

Last weekend I went to the women's retreat at church. I was really excited about it and had been super emotional leading up to it, so I was ready for some much needed time away. It was at The Country Place in Moscow, TN- about an hour away and the views were amazing! The location was incredible and so peaceful!


The cottage that we stayed in was great! We got there on Friday night and hung out and ate dinner before having some time of praise and worship in the chapel. It was so good! The theme of the weekend was Arise, based on Isaiah 60:1-3. The speaker spoke about being broken, but being able to rise with God through our brokenness. I definitely teared up on Friday night and it made me excited about what was to come the following day.


That night, we had some free time and took some pictures in the photo booth. There was also plenty of candy and chocolate around so I was running on a sugar high that night. I may have also sung Little Mermaid with hand motions and props! I also crashed hard that night!


The next morning, I woke up and enjoyed some coffee on the front porch while it was still quiet before all the festivities started.


There were 2 more large group worship sessions that day and some small group sessions. I'll be honest. These were slightly disappointing. Maybe it was just my group and no one really being willing to open up, but I felt like the small group times were not very fruitful. And I felt like I had been so empty that I was really needing some emotional fulfillment and restoration. So that was disappointing. We finished off with some worship and communion before heading back to reality.


Overall, the weekend was good. Not great, but good. I had a good time with friends and it was nice to get away. I had some downtime with God away from the busyness of everyday life which was very needed! I think I'm glad I went. If I had to do it over again, I honestly probably would have skipped the small group time and just gone on a prayer walk or had some time alone, but maybe next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment