Thursday, November 3, 2016

Moon River Fest

I have been slacking on posts and trying to play catch up, so this is super behind. But a couple weeks ago, I headed out to the Moon River Fest. It is a music festival hosted by Drew Holcomb. It featured lots of indy, folky groups/friends of Drew and Ellie from Nashville. :)

I'm not a huge music person. I enjoy music, but do not really follow any artists or keep up with anyone so I didn't know most of the groups playing but it was a great weekend nonetheless.


The lineup was really good. I knew Drew and Ellie were great. And I have loved Dave Barnes music since I first heard it in high school at a Young Life camp. I have actually met Abner and Amanda Ramirez from JohnnySwim when I lived in Nashville. They are friends with my sister. I knew they played music, but had never heard them until this. They were great! And had just left Waco for the Silo-bration so that's pretty cool. But all the music was really mellow and cool. (Clearly, I'm not a music aficionado and don't even know the right words to describe it, but it was good.)



And the weather was perfect. It was actually hot during the day, but we brought layers because it cooled down quite a bit when the sun went down. We mostly just relaxed, chilled on a blanket, ate food truck food, drank beer and listened to music.



The weekend ended with the whole crew singing Hey Jude. I couldn't get the video I took to load, so I posted this one from YouTube. I actually like mine better because I like the view from the crowd, but oh well! It was a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment