Monday, November 7, 2016

Friend Groups

Life has been hard recently. Let's be honest. It's been shit. I thought about writing an entire post about it to try and get my feelings out, but I really don't even know where to begin. I'm still trying to process things and figure out my feelings. (I think it might be time to reread Voice of the Heart...) If you haven't read it, I recommend it. I really think that I should probably read it twice a year just to remind myself of my feelings. :)

But that's not what this post is about. I still need time to process all those feelings. This is about friendships. Going through hard times always causes me to reflect on friendships. And I have been hanging out with various friend groups recently which has really made me think about how different they all are...

The night of my Day in the Life post, I went to dinner with some nurses. One of them is married, but doesn't have kids and the others are single. The next night, I went to dinner with friends from high school. They are all married and have 5 kids between the 3 of them.

The evening (and the conversations) were very different. From talking about dating and drinking to diapers and daycares, I think we covered just about every topic between the 2 nights. And I think I need that sometimes- both of those conversations. Although sometimes I feel like I am right in the middle. I don't really know why. I think my feelings are still just all over the place. But the point of this post was mainly just to say how thankful I am for friendships- off all kinds.




No comments:

Post a Comment