Thursday, April 7, 2016

He is Risen

I hope that everyone had a good Holy week and Easter Sunday! I spent the weekend relaxing and hanging out with family. I didn't get to go to a Good Friday service because, you know, work. And my church's service was at noon so that obviously didn't happen.

Saturday was a gorgeous day! I got to work out and then get some things done around the house. Then I met my mom and my aunt over at my cousin's house to hang out and play with Ruthie a little bit. My mom, aunt, and I decided to run over to the bar (Houston's) for something to eat while my cousin dyed Easter eggs. Dinner was delicious as usual- and entertaining once my mom left and a slightly inebriated man tried to hit on my aunt! When we finished, we went back to my cousin's house to pick her up and then drove out to the 'burbs to meet my parents for mass.

We started outside and then they lit candles and a fire and we walked into the light. It was a really beautiful service. But it was so long. It was the Easter vigil service so three and a half hours later when we left at midnight, we were all ready for bed!

Sunday morning, I slept in and then my mom met me at my church while my dad went to Fellowship and my cousin's went to the Episcopal church with his family. Ha! We just want to cover all our bases, I guess. It was a good service leading into the period of Easter celebration.

After church, my mom and I met my aunt over at my cousin's house to do some organizing and then we went to grab something to eat and went to look at some houses. My aunt is an HGTV fanatic so she is very excited about me buying a house!

We met back up with my cousin after that and decided that we all needed naps. Sunday afternoon naps are my favorite! When we all woke up, we helped organize the nursery. We moved some furniture around and helped set up the crib. It's starting to look put together! I can't wait to meet Simon!

It was a busy weekend, but lots of fun and a great time with family! We missed my sister and her family though (They had been out of town for Spring Break the week before and just gotten back to Nashville; so they did not make the trip to Memphis).

No comments:

Post a Comment