Monday, April 25, 2016

30 x 30: 30 x 30 Debt

I had a plan to get out of debt. I really did. And it was a good plan. Until it wasn't.

My plan included living with roommates to keep rent down so that I could put all my extra money into student loans. They were all supposed to be paid off by next summer. Then I was going to start saving all that money for a down payment on a house.

One of my roommates told me that she was moving back home to Kentucky this summer and so my house search started. And, well, you know how the story ends...

All that to say, this goal isn't going to happen. I love my house, though, and I was planning to buy one eventually anyway, so I'm okay with it.

I haven't crunched all the numbers to see how much I can keep paying on my loans and when they will actually be paid off. Maybe I'll do that tonight! I do love a good budget!


And another obligatory house picture. It's worth throwing away my budget, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment