Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Necessity

This is more a post of necessity. I haven't written in a while and, well, a lot has happened. A lot that, of course, I'm not going to write about. Because let's be honest, this blog isn't about events that have happened. It's about my feelings about them. (And I still can't say lesbehonest and keep a straight face. Thanks Pitch Perfect!) And my feelings are okay. And content. And excited about the future. With a little anxiety mixed in. People that don't deal with anxiety, what is that like? What does your life look like? What do you think about while you're lying in bed before you fall asleep? I have no idea! I can't even imagine! And this is the worst gramatically written post ever! Oh hi, stream of conciousness.

But seriously, my family is hilarious! And really cool. I need that. And my friends are pretty cool too. But friendships in general are kinda weird though. Or I'm kinda weird and so my friendships are weird in return. That's probably more like it. Yesterday was gorgeous! I'm pretty sure that God did that just for me. I mean, why not? He adores me! So I was able to go for a run with my mom AND then ride my bike. It was absolutely wonderful. I can't wait for warm spring weather! I need a bike rack for my car. Any suggestions? I also need a big journal. But I know where to get that.

Last night I was able to do some "proper venting" and get made fun of just enough to keep me humble. It was nice. Sometimes I just need to laugh. I think I want to get a tattoo. I'm still narrowing down what and where, but it may happen. Like soon. God is sneaky. And temptation is everywhere. Sometimes I feel like Job.

I talked to my sister last night. She put me on speakerphone with my brother and my brother-in-law. Hilarity ensued. It made me wish that I were in Nashville with them. I also got to talk to Marlee. Who was awake. At 10pm. And wearing a tutu. I need to plan a trip STAT. Maybe this weekend. I might become a frequent traveler on the megabus. Welcome to Miami. Yep, life is about to change. And I love it!

The verse for the day is 1 Peter 2:9  "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own posession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."

No comments:

Post a Comment