Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hard Talks

I have had a lot of hard conversations recently. Well, really the same hard conversation with different groups of people. Conversations about honesty and vulnerability and transparency and all those other buzz words. Conversations about going deeper and commitment. Conversations about needing people-- really needing them. And they weren't all easy. And there were times when I cried. But God is so good! He knows what we need even before we know that we need it and He meets us exactly where we are!

This week was rough. And I needed people- sometimes in ways that I didn't want to admit that I needed them. But they were there. With open arms. Ready to listen and pray and offer support and advice. And if I had this exact same week last week, I wouldn't have talked to anyone about it. I would have continued to wear the mask that everything was great. Seriously, God amazes me everyday! This morning I just got to bask in the arms of my sweet Abba! So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment