Thursday, January 19, 2017

30 x 30: Throw a Dinner Party

I don't know if this "technically" counts because I don't know if it was really a party, but I rarely cook and I doubt this is going to happen again soon, so I'm counting it. I have been really contemplative recently- even more than usual. I think it's because I'm trying to find myself. :)

I decided that I wanted to have some girls over before the new year to reflect on the year and talk about what God taught us in 2016 and then look to the future and get excited about upcoming adventures. New Year's Eve was on a Saturday, so I figured Friday night would work perfectly.

Confession: pretty much everything was store-bought and I threw together the easiest dinner possible. Also, I took no pictures so it might not have even happened! I got chicken from Fresh Market and threw on some quinoa and roasted veggies. Super easy! I also grabbed a raspberry bar cake and champagne for dessert.

Dinner was good. I'm glad I had people over. It was fun to host and not super stressful. And Molly did a pretty good job. But more than that, it was fun to hang out with girls and connect. And have real, meaningful, deep conversations. It made me realize how much I love hanging out with people. I am the epitome of an introvert. Textbook case. Sometimes, it can be perceived as shy. I am not shy! I'm learning more about that this year. I'm sure I'll fill you in on all the adventures as I try to figure out who I am and what I like. But I do know that I am not shy. Being in large social gatherings, however, drains me! Especially when I have to make small talk. I don't do small talk. I don't get it and I kind of think it's pointless. But having actual conversations with people- that I can do! So it was fun to reflect and reminisce and dream and plan. We talked about doing it monthly or so to catch up and see how the year is progressing.

PS. This post was super not about throwing a dinner party! Sorry! I had people over. I semi-cooked. We ate. The night was about so much more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment