Monday, March 21, 2016

Go Green

I really like St Patrick's Day. Maybe not so much the holiday, but I just really like green. So I basically celebrated all week. It started last Saturday. The Silky's parade on Beale street was last Saturday so we decided to have people over and hang out before going downtown for the parade. Jennifer came over early to help set up. We had balloons and beads and awesome St Patrick's Day tattoos!


Then people started showing up and we set up the food for brunch, yum! There was So. Much. Food. And it was all so delicious! After brunch, we decided to take a before picture (which is really more of a "during" picture). This is the whole group, minus Christy, because she doesn't believe in selfie sticks...


I stuck with mimosas for the morning, but there was also plenty of beer and Irish coffee. Then we decided to all take a shot of Jameson before we headed downtown. Because... Irish.


Our crowd thinned some before going downtown- something about being an adult and having other responsibilities or something. Christy dropped us off downtown before going home to spend a few hours with her husband. Gotta love night shift!

We watched the parade and cheered for beads- and candy- and I got a new koozie!


Then it started raining. I'm actually surprised that the rain held off as long as it did! But once it started, we made our way to Silky's to continue the celebration!





And met up with a friend while we were there!

Then we decided that we had enough of downtown and we Uber'd back to my neck of the woods to grab a drink at Celtic. It was about this time when I realized that I hadn't actually eaten anything since about noon. Oops! After one drink, we all realized that we're old! We walked back to my house, everyone gathered up their things and we called it a night!

Thursday was actually St Patrick's Day. I thought about doing the Breakaway pub run, but my friends were all being lame and it's only so much fun to run and drink by yourself, so I passed. Jennifer ended up coming back to my house after work and I made her take a picture of me because I matched the Snapchat filter!


We decided to head back to Celtic and meet up with the rest of midtown to get some drinks. Seriously, it was crazy! There had been a parade that afternoon and there were people at Celtic that had been there all day!

We flipped back and forth between NCAA March Madness and the Grizz game. And we decided to eat dinner this time. Then we were responsible adults and came home while the party continued late into the night...


This past Saturday, after a workout and haircut, I met up with a friend at Muddy's Grind House for some coffee and computer time. (Taxes for her, house hunting for me). They had a special Irish cream and beer cupcake for St Patrick's Day with Guinness stout chocolate cake with Bailey's buttercream frosting. Naturally, I had to try it and I was definitely not disappointed!

 
And that ends my weeklong celebration of green!

Happy green!

No comments:

Post a Comment