Monday, March 30, 2015

April is Coming

Remember how I got off early last week and basked in the sunshine? Well Saturday, I walked out of the gym and it was snowing. Nothing major, but there were snowflakes falling from the sky. Don't worry, it was back up in the 60s on Sunday. Memphis weather is crazy like that!

But Spring is officially here and April is right around the corner and I'm so excited! I was looking at my calendar this weekend and there are so many things going on this month.

The Redbirds season starts. I am not a huge fan of baseball, but nothing says "Summer is coming!" like Baseball season. And there is something about the atmosphere of Autozone Park and the smell of barbecue nachos that I can't resist.

Peabody Rooftop parties start this month too. Listening to music on the rooftop of the Peabody overlooking the Mighty Mississippi and the downtown skyline. Yes please!


There is an Eco Eggstravaganza at Shelby Farms to kick off Earth Day. There is nothing like Shelby Farms in the Spring! And where else would you celebrate Earth Day? There will be egg hunts, hiking, fishing, live music, and food trucks. The Go Ape TreeTop Course is now officially open. Holly, at ilovememphisblog.com, wrote all about her experience on the course if you want to check it out.

There is a Crawfish Fest on The Square the same day as a Healthy Food Fest on Broad. Interesting idea. I think I'll try to catch them both...

The YoungLife Taste of Memphis event is coming up. It is a fundraiser for Memphis Urban YoungLife and features food from local restaurants around the city. I went 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun. I missed it last year because of the Grizzlies playoffs, but this year- I'm there!

Speaking of... NBA playoff season is here! All heart. Grit and Grind. Go Grizz!



East Buntyn is such a cute neighborhood and, in April, the residents are showing it off with an art walk. Local artists are showcase their work and there is an auction for some original pieces.

The Tennessee Brewery is an old, historic brewery. It is no longer open and has been sitting vacant for years. Last year, some developers decided to host an event to showcase all the potential of the brewery so that someone would buy it. Thus, Tennessee Brewery Untapped was born. It is a fun outdoor venue with craft beer and food trucks and music. And it worked, kind of. People saw how great it was and someone bought it. Unfortunately, they are going to turn it into some lame loft apartments. They are destroying my idea of a picture perfect wedding venue. But, Untapped is back this Spring to send the brewery out with a bang and I. Can't. Wait!



The first annual Food Truck Fest is in April. It's gonna be great! Have I mentioned that I love food trucks?!

Another thing I love... the zoo! The zoo hosts an event called the Wild World of Wine and Beer. There are different stations. Each station represents a country of region and features 3 or 4 wines from that region. There is also a silent auction to benefit the zoo, including artwork that was done by the animals!


Spring is here! And April is going to be a busy month- in all the best ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment