Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oops

Oh hey. Remember me? Let's just pretend like I haven't forgotten about this for the past 4 months! Well, I didn't forget about it. If I had a dictaphone in the car or in the shower with me and someone to transcribe for me, there would be daily posts. But I talk to myself in the shower and come up with super philosophical ideas and then get out and get busy and don't take the time to sit down and write. So here we are. 4 months later...

It seems like it has been a quiet season for everyone. And now all of the sudden, friends have started blogging again and I guess it's time for me to jump on the bandwagon too. I'm not even going to pretend to try and catch up on what's been going on. I don't even remember what the last thing that I wrote about was, but a lot has been going on in the past week or so that I'm going to try to unpack the emotions. Then I'll try to update more...but no guarantees.

> The God of the universe became a man, died, and rose again just to pursue you. Don't let any guy tell you that you're not worth pursuing!

> The past has hit me over and over again recently and it has been nothing like I expected. It had been so much better! Guys, people change. #sweetreminders

> It has been an emotional week. There have been 3 deaths in the past 5 days. Of friends, friends of family, parents of friends. Mostly unexpected. And even if it wasn't, how do you prepare? But God has already conquered death. It is so amazing to see a life lived in complete surrender to Him and to see Him be glorified in both life and death.

> I reread the past few entries. a. My writing is super random and encrypted sometimes and b. reading the posts brought back all the memories from when I first wrote them. So then I awkwardly sat in front of my computer crying for a little while. No big deal.

> I have 15 posts in my draft folder right now. Most of them are a topic with one or two sentences to remind me what I want to write about, but they're there. So maybe I'll actually get better at this...

No comments:

Post a Comment