Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Miscellany

- I am going to try to write twice a week. I'm putting it out there so that people can maybe hold me accountable. But it may or may not happen.

- I have like 8 posts ideas in the draft folder, so maybe I will actually get better at this whole blogging thing. (And yes, Diana, one of them is about why you should be a DNR) but that would require me to take the ideas and actually write about them. Or I could just post a list of random topics that I could write about... Some of these topics include blogs you should read, why you (and everyone you know) should be a DNR, 25 things you thought you knew about me, and why I hate juicing and other lame trends. Just something to look forward to in the upcoming days weeks months. More than likely there will be 2 very sappy, emotional touchy-feely posts on the weeks that I'm off and have too much time on my hands to just think followed by 2 normal, this-is-how-I-feel-about-things posts on the weeks that I work. So feel free to skip around and read every other week. It won't hurt my feelings.

- Sometimes I feel like my life is spiraling out of control. I just want to stop everything around me and give myself time to catch up. Can that happen?

- I worked on my budget today. Which may or may not be a color coded spreadsheet. I know I will make adjustments along the way and change somethings around, but as of now I won't have all my loans paid off until August 2018. That made me want to cry! Blah!

- Nancy Holcomb came and spoke to DTR last night. So good! That woman is a fount of wisdom!

- Someone asked me today if I used to play soccer. I know what they meant. And I don't take it as a compliment...

- I have stress anxiety. A sense of impending doom. It takes me back to May 2000. That's the first time I can remember knowing something was going to happen but not knowing what it was. It's scary! And I don't like it. Ready for whatever this is to be over!

- For the past 2 years, I have been praying about a specific situation in my life. That God would either change the situation or change my heart towards it. This morning, I heard Him tell me no. That I was going to  have to love Him through the situation even though it wasn't going to change. And that my heart wasn't necessarily going to change towards the situation either, but that He would be there to grieve the pain with me. Part of me feels a peace that I have some sort of an answer, but the other part of me just thinks this sucks! And I'm kind of mad about it because I felt like I was giving God 2 perfectly good options and, while I would have much rather the situation changed, I would have been happy with either choice. But it wasn't that easy. I want to yell at Him and tell Him that this wasn't what we talked about. I am reminded once again that I am not in control.

- I am now going to take a chair and read on the back deck. Because it's a beautiful day and I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment