Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Slow Down

See, I'm getting better at this writing thing already...
I'm off this week.This is the week where I am supposed to be productive. I am supposed to work out and buy groceries and do laundry and clean my house and organize everything and start packing and spend time with people. And then I got sick. And I hate being sick. Because being sick is stupid! Seriously, who has time to lie around and do nothing for hours on end??

Yesterday, I was in bed all day. Literally, I stayed in bed for 36 hours straight. It was rough! And today, I felt like I got hit by a car. I took 2 naps today. But at least I was actually able to sit up in between those naps and attempt to get a few things accomplished.

All that to say, sometimes I'm not good at slowing down. I'm kinda horrible at it. Sometimes God has to grab me by the shoulders and shake me and make me slow down. I'm trying to get better at resting. Better at abiding in him. Better at stopping to listen to what He wants to teach me. And it's not always easy!

What is God trying to tell you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment