Monday, November 28, 2016

Give Thanks

First of all, can I just say that I am really bad at taking pictures? Really! I don't think I have any pictures from this weekend. The only few that I did take were on Snapchat and are no lost to the interwebs.

But overall, it was a good weekend. I got off work on Wednesday, ran by Fresh Market to pick up some flowers, rested for a little bit, drank some coffee, and then got up and cleaned my house some. I was trying to get as much finished as possible on Wednesday so that I wouldn't be so stressed on Thursday morning.

Thursday morning, I finished cleaning up a little bit and then met up with a friend and my sister for the Turkey Trot. It's an annual tradition with my sister and me but I was a little worried about it because I have not been running regularly- at all. Katie and I ran together for the first 3 miles and then I could tell that she was starting to speed up, so I told her to ditch me and I ran the last mile (slowly) by myself. It was a lot of fun, but I'm hoping that it will be good motivation for me to be more consistent with running. Sheesh!

After the race, I went back home, prepped some food, and jumped in the shower. My mom initially told me that she was going to come to my house around 11 so I was nervous that I was in a major time-crunch until I called her and she was still out on a bike ride. So I basically got ready a lot faster than I had to and had time to spare, which gave me time to open up a bottle of wine and put on music and dance around my house! Then the chaos hit all at once. Family all arrived and we got all the food set up and then the eating started! Everything was delicious!

After dinner the guys watched football for a little while and then we busted out Kinect and had some dance battles. So much fun! And it got all our heart rates up a little bit!

When everyone left, my head was killing me! I think between running and wine I was super dehydrated! I grabbed some water and tried to relax on the couch for a while, but it didn't help much. I final gave up, put away the food that was still out, and went to bed. When I woke up Friday, I did more cleaning. Finished cleaning the kitchen and washing all the dishes and sweeping and vacuuming everything! Then I did something I have never done before... went Black Friday shopping! It's not as exciting as it sounds. I didn't go until like 11 on Friday and because all the craziness starts on Thursday night now, it wasn't bad. Also, I went to Hollywood Feed. I had looked at the one in Collierville and the guy said that the kennels would be on sale on Black Friday so I picked up a kennel and some BOGO dog food. (Oh yeah, if you don't follow me on Snap, I'm getting a dog. This weekend I think, so she'll get her own post next week!)

The family came back over on Friday afternoon for leftovers and my nieces were itching to play Kinect again so we got it back out and had another dance party. When they left, it was still early so I bundled up and went over to a friend's house for a Gilmore Girl's Revival watching party!

We only watched Winter and Spring that night, but I finally finished it last night. That may need an entire post of it's own. If you have already watched it and want to have a postmortem just let me know. I'm pretty sure I cried the entire way through Fall. I went through a whole gamut of emotions as I related to various aspects of the show. I think I ended the night on a mix of anger and sadness. I will probably be the only one, but I don't want another season. I don't know if my heart and my emotions can handle it. Whew! I told you this needed its own post!

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. Saturday I did a little shopping. Having a bunch of people over made me realize some things that I still needed around the house. I have also had an empty guest room for months and my brother is staying with me in a few weeks so I needed to buy a new bed. I actually bought a new bed for me and I'm going to move my current bed into the guest room. But then I had an "if you give a mouse a cookie" moment and wanted new sheets and a new pillow and a new headboard... The list continues. So my mom and I went out and knocked some things off the list. Then we hung out on Broad for small business Saturday and did a little Christmas shopping. When I got home, I made a list (or 7). I plan to do a little more shopping online tonight during cyber Monday. There are a few things that I still need to get (no one sells large, elevated dog bowls in stores!) and my goal is to finish all my Christmas shopping this week! Wish me luck!

What did everyone else do for Thanksgiving? Anyone else knock out some shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment